Wayland Tri-M Chapter 6693
WHS inducted new members on January 5, 2017.
The Tri-M Music Honor Society is the international music honor society for middle/junior high and high school students. It is designed to recognize students for their academic and musical achievements, reward them for their accomplishments and service activities, and to inspire other students to excel at music and leadership.
Through more than 5,500 chartered chapters, Tri-M has helped thousands of young people provide years of service through music in schools throughout the world. Tri-M is a program of the National Association for Music Education.
MODERN MUSIC MASTERS
The Tri-M Music Honor Society is an international honor society for music students that was started in 1952.
The three M logo stands for “Modern Music Masters”. The lyre and the scroll represent music accomplishment and service of its members. The five lines of the music staff indicate the five criteria upon which members are selected:
scholarship, character, cooperation, leadership, and service.
Be rewarded for your music accomplishments and service activities. Share your love of music.
Wayland High School Tri-M Music Society Membership Criteria
- A student must maintain an unweighted B average with no term grade lower than a C for all high school courses to date, and have music performing ensemble grades of A- or above.
- A student must also have completed or be completing the second full year of enrollment in a curricular performance music class at Wayland High School. Support for your application is needed from a WHS music teacher. Please speak to this teacher to confirm support before submitting this application.
- Applicant should have demonstrated leadership, service and character in his/her activities.
- The applicant must have auditioned for Senior District in the application year.
- The induction ceremony will include a performance by all incoming members of an approved composition.
- To maintain membership, student must be an active member in good standing of a WHS curricular performing ensemble.
For more information, visit Tri-M Music Honor Society.